We are a competitive platoon that has been together since Battlefield 2. We pay for a server that gives us very little control. We have no way to stay on the same side. The server admin control in it’s current state is just not good enough.
We can’t move players to get our guys on the same side, the only option is to kick and hope your platoon can switch themselves over. Usually the next player in the queue beats them to it. And the one and only admin slot can’t play while trying to kick people to get our members on the same side.
The admin interface is very laggy, the way the menus were in the first version of BF1. It makes it a very slow process. And who wants to kick people just so your platoon members can switch sides? That is not how we want to treat visitors to our server, we want them to come and play not get kicked over and over again.
Through the transition from Battlefield 4 to Battlefield 1, we managed to keep our membership strong. We currently have 69 members. All the way to the end of Battlefield 4, we frequently had 32 or more members playing at the same time on our servers and we had over 100 members during this time. This attracts other platoons and players who like the challenge of competing against an organized team. Our server was always full. Sadly, many of our members are losing interest.
Many of the platoons we enjoyed playing against are also losing interest. We have been looking forward to playing in competitive tournaments, but without the admin control we need, we cant do that anymore. A game we used to love is now frustrating us to the point of giving up. We can setup custom games when playing against other platoons, but without password protection and the ability to move players to the proper side, we can’t play together as teams.
You can fix these problems by implementing some of the features that we used to enjoy in Battlefield 4
- Give admins the ability to move players, not just kick them.
- Allow additional admins. It is too much for one person to manage, and that one person may not always be on.Bring Platoon / Clan tags back. It is very difficult to manage players when you can’t differentiate your platoon members. The platoon tag at the front of the name in the player list makes it easy to see who is who.
- Bring back the Ready Up status. In Battlefield 4, a minimum amount of players would need to ready up before the round would begin. This gives admins a chance to get their guys on the same team before the start of the round.
Wish List: Implement Server Features for Platoons and Competitive Gaming Groups
- Set a category for the server indicating it is a Platoon Server. Players who don’t want to play on a server where an entire team is working together can filter this out. Likewise, those that do like the competition can find it.
- Platoon Server can turn off auto balancing without making it a custom game mode and still be joinable from quick match.
- Give queue priority to members.
- Allow for player lists for competitors who the server admin would like to keep on the opposite side.
This wish list may be asking a lot, but the competitive community plays Battlefield because it IS NOT Call of Duty. Help us play competitively again. At least give us the server control we had with BF4. Please!